Book Fiji Hotels Online
Plan Your Fiji Honeymoon
How To Plan Your Honeymoon in Fiji
- Check the weather forecasts before you plan your trip. Fiji has a typical South Sea climate that doesn't have intense heat or cold, on the other hand they do have a rainy season from December through April. From May to October, the average temperature is 72 degrees, which they regard as the cold season, but from November to April, the temperature increases.
- Obtain a valid passport because this is necessary to get your visitor’s visa, which is valid for 4 months, beginning on your arrival date.
- Make a decision what type of accommodations you want. Places to stay in Fiji array from quaint bed and breakfasts, hotels and luxury resorts to budget friendly lodges and backpacker hostels. Mid-range hotel stays start at around $70 a night, whereas luxury accommodations can run you approximately $700 a night and more.
- Research local customs and traditions. Fijians are known to be friendly and welcoming, but they prefer modesty. It's important to wear a cover up when you visit a Fiji village or are away from your resort, but don't wear a hat. Hats are a sign of disrespect. Local customs require that visitors to Fiji villages bring kava to present as a sevusevu, or gift, to the Turaga ni Koro, who is the village head.
- Plan your activities and shopping excursions and if you are staying near the Coral Coast, you could take a day trip to Kula Eco Park, the only wildlife park in Fiji. The Pacific Coast have a 200-meter zip line that will have you reaching speeds of almost 40 miles an hour while Suva boasts the Fiji Museum and Suva Botanical Gardens. Nadi has one street dedicated to shopping where bargains might be found, while Port Denarau features many boutique shops.
- Outline out your mode of transportation. Not many people in Fiji own their own automobiles, so there are plenty of taxis and buses. If you have special trips in mind, there are limousines for rent and tour operators that can get you to and from the sights for sensible rates.
- Make a decision on what type of funds you will bring with you. Fiji has ATM machines in Nadi, Suva and Savusavu. Resorts and other establishments take credit cards, but you need cash to tip any taxi drivers. United States currency can be exchanged for Fiji dollars at any bank in Fiji. Traveler's checks can be exchanged for cash in Fiji, but there is an exchange fee for each transaction.